International Conference: Glasgow 2017
Tramway, Glasgow, 3-5 October
People Dancing’s second international conference, produced in partnership with Scottish Ballet and Tramway, is coming to SCOTLAND! From 3-5 October 2017, the conference will bring together dance artists, teachers, organisations and managers from across the globe to explore current issues and practices in community and participatory dance.
Focusing on three key themes – cultural identity and sense of place; older people dancing; and dance for people living with Parkinson’s – conference speakers, artists and performers will include:
- Liz Lerman – choreographer, founder of Liz Lerman Dance Exchange (USA)
- Sangeeta Isvaran – founder of Wind Dancers Trust (India)
- Vincent E. Thomas – faculty member Urban Bush Women, artistic director of VTDance (USA)
- Monica Gillette – choreographer and artistic director, BrainDance (Germany)
- Gladys Agulhas – independent dance artist (South Africa)
- Cecilia Macfarlane – artistic director, Crossover Intergenerational Dance Company (UK)
- Diane Amans – independent dance artist and author
- Magdalena Schamberger – artistic director and CEO, Hearts & Minds (UK)
- Rodrigo Vilarinho – choreographer, ReAct! (Sweden)
- Marc Vlemmix – founder of Dance for Health foundation (Netherlands).
For the full programme and booking information, visit: http://www.communitydance.org.uk/developing-practice/international-conference